Plant-Based Chickenless Vegan Nuggets
Suitable For Diet:
Gluten, Free Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 cup Sunflower Haché
- 7/8 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup flour, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring vegetable broth to a boil. Pour over sunflower haché. (The sunflower hache absorbs instantly so there is no need for soaking time)
2. Add spices, nutritional yeast, Worcestershire sauce, and combine. Taste and adjust salt. Stir in 1/4 cup flour. Depending on the type of flour you use, you may need more to make a firm dough that holds together when pressed in your palm.
3. Place remaining flour, breadcrumbs, and almond milk in separate shallow dishes. Season flour with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Dip nuggets in flour, then dip in almond milk and press into breadcrumbs.
5. Place on a lined baking sheet in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes.